Thursday, March 27, 2008

Practicing what I preach

Wow am I behind the times. Way back in 2006, Penelope Trunk of Brazen Careerist Fame was discussing how the phrase 'do what you love' actually makes some sense.

The principle is rather simple and echoes what major predictive sciences like astrology and numerology have been preaching for years...namely that work in a field, in an occupation that you love or feel drawn to is actually a prescription for success. Because the more you love it, the more you'll apply yourself. And all those hours of practice and focus and intensive study of your passions will lead you to be one of the betters in your field, which ergo should equal success.

So...all my talk here about writing...it is clearly my passion.

Have I constantly and consistently sharpened my skills? No.

Have I undertaken my writing or even blogging with any real sense of professional commitment? No.

Have I made writing a priority in my daily routine, and by extension the centerpiece of my life ? No.

Am I happy? No.


Hmmmm. Maybe that's what's wrong?

Finally, a yes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home